Monday, September 7, 2009

THINGS WE LOVE (the most)...PART THREE

The "tassi" (a.k.a. paci)

See this thing in Ella's mouth? This has been her security (and I think mine too) since she was born. She does not have a security blanket or stuffed animal, it has always been her paci. The paci provided GREAT comfort for her over the past 22 months. It eased her pain when she was teething, getting shots, when she was sick, and full of gas pain. It comforted her when she was sad, missing Mommy, or when she was mad. It kept her quiet in restuarants, funerals, christenings, and long car rides. Most of all, it helped her sleep SO soundly! Over the past few months paci has been for bedtime only. Sometimes I think the paci was more for us, than her. Well this weekend we said GOOD-BYE to the pacies. Ella did very well. I on the other hand, had a VERY hard time with this. It makes me feel horrible to take something away that she LOVES so much and something that provides such comfort. Each night she would ask for it, and I had to tell her NO, no more paci. Also, it is one step closer to losing our baby. Things are changing, and she is becoming a little girl faster than I want her to. I am teary eyed now thinking about what the paci symbolizes. Several times this weekend, I wanted to give it back. She would be happy, and I would still have my baby. BUT I stayed strong. Good-bye pacies, you will be missed!

No comments: