Thursday, November 5, 2009

OCTOBER FUN!


WOW it has been a while since I have blogged! October is a very busy month for us: anniversary, birthday, Halloween, pumpkin patch and more. I have been extremely busy with work, trying to keep the house clean, and enjoying my time with the family. There is rarely any extra time for other things like blogging! Ella turned two on the 23rd. She had three parties! One was at daycare, one at home with us, and one at the playground with family and friends. Hard to believe she is two! She talks A LOT! She has an amazing memory-my little sponge. I can tell her what something is once, and she will remember plus name it herself. She LOVES to be outside and even got a tricycle for her birthday. It was a huge hit. Although, the baby doll from Grandma was a bigger hit. She loves her baby. It even cries, which is hilarious to watch Ella calm her baby down and kiss it. TOO cute! The girl is getting taller moving from the 30%tile in height at 18 months to the 50%tile this month. You go girl! Ella makes me smile and laugh daily. Two year olds say the funniest things! BUT don't get me wrong, she can be quite a DIVA! often expressing herself through screaming and crying. Sometimes we have daily or even hourly meltdowns. Those can be draining! She's a girl for sure! She LOVES pulling all her clothes out of her dresser. Now she lays them in neat piles. She used to just throw them. What a mess! She even likes to dress herself or should I say try? Ella can be very silly, often even making herself laugh. She will say, "I funny!" That girl LOVES books, especially the Bear books by Bill Martin, Jr. Her new favorite is Baby Bear, Baby Bear What do you see? I love to hear her name the animals. It is so cute to hear her say "prairie dog". We took Ella to the Aquarium, which she still just enjoys running. She loved running at the pumpkin patch too. Ella was sick on Halloween and her doctor said no trick or treating. I was SO bummed. She had the cutest butterfly costume. So we stayed home and tried to trick or treat in the house. After Daddy gave her the first handful of candy, all she wanted to do was eat it-LOL. I am sure real trick or treating would have gone the same way. We've been having lots of fun this fall. I am amazed by Ella every day. I enjoy watching her learn and grow. She is my little cuddle bug!

No comments: